This November OASYS Healthcare employees are taking part in Movember, a cause where we grow moustaches to support men’s health. The organization raises funds to take on mental health, suicide, prostate cancer, and testicular cancer.
Growing a moustache is like wearing a symbol representing healthier men and a healthier world, all November long. It tells everyone you walk past that a healthier world matters.
The OASYS team has set a fundraising goal of $2000 to help support men struggling with various health issues. Our objective is to provide the support and resources needed to help men live healthier and happier lives.
Looking to donate to the OASYS Movember fundraiser? Click here.
Take a look at some shocking statistics that show why this foundation is so important:
- Globally, on average, 1 man dies by suicide every minute of every day.
- In Canada, 3 out of 4 suicides are by men.
- 1 in 8 men in Canada will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Globally, more than 1.4 million men were diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2020
- Across Canada, there are more than 217,000 men living with and beyond prostate cancer. Many are dealing with serious side effects from treatment.
- It’s the most common cancer in young Canadian men.
- At greater than 95%, the odds of survival for men with testicular cancer are better than good – but for some men, long-term treatment-related side effects, mean quality of life is severely compromised.